Grammarly is a great tool for checking your spelling, grammar and more. It also will check for plagiarism, word choice and make suggestions. My apologies to all of my former teachers, my writing is far from perfect, and I need all the help I can get.
CLICK HERE to sign-up for Grammarly.
Grammarly for Chrome
Install the Grammarly Chrome Extension
This will check your writing across the web: email, social media, blogging, etc. Unfortunately, it will not check Google Docs (yet). However, I find it very helpful in checking emails and blog posts.
- Go to the Google Chrome Webstore. Search for Grammarly. Grammarly for Chrome will be listed under Extensions.
- Click Add to Chrome
- An icon will appear in your extensions list to the right of the Chrome browser address bar.
Grammarly Plugin for Microsoft Word
Download and Install the Grammarly Plugin
Currently, the plugin is only available for Windows computers.
- Go to the Plugin download page - https://www.grammarly.com/office-addin/windows
- If you already have a Grammarly account, click Log In at the bottom of the page. If you do not have a Grammarly account, sign up for one before continuing.
- After you log in, the file should immediately download. Find and open the downloaded file in your Downloads. File is titled GrammarlyAddInSetUp.exe.
- Click Get started.
Check the Grammarly for Word box and then click Install.
- Click Finish to close.
REMINDER: If Microsoft Word is running during the installation, restart the program to activate Grammarly.
Turn on Grammarly in Word
1. Open Microsoft Word.
2. To the right of the menu bar, click Enable Grammarly